Lifenest Breathable Bumpers
LAUNCH SALE - Lifenest Breathable Bumpers
Now Available in the UK￼￼
You Pay £25.95
You Pay £24.95
The LifeNest®Breathable Cot Bumper
Not just a mesh liner - the Lifenest breathable bumper is padded for comfort, without compromising breathability
Available in pink, blue and cream
Designed by a Physician, the Lifenest® Bumper is:
- Breathable (tested by Nelson Laboratories)
- Reduces the risks of suffocation, entanglement and climbing
- 100% Polyester, Greenguard® Gold Certified (UL® certified low chemical emissions).
- Soft and padded, keeps little limbs safely inside
- Tie length complies with ASM international F1917-12
- Collapses to prevent climbing
- Solid colors coordinate with any bedding set
- Machine washable and can be tumble dried
- Available for 60 cm wide Cot (Ref. CBP005) and 70 cm wide cot (Ref. CBP004))
According to the American Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), problems with infants getting their limbs entrapped between crib slats accounted for the second highest number of crib related complaints and injuries. Crib bumper pads can protect babies from these types of injuries. Crib bumper pads also help prevent children from suffering head injuries, such as cuts and bruises, from contact with side rails and headboards.
A recent report by Thach et al*, who used CPSC data, found that many deaths attributed to bumper pads were from suffocation against soft, pillow-like bumper pads or entrapment between the mattress or crib and firm bumper pads or strangulation by long ties. In the US, the Maryland’s Health Department banned the sale of baby bumper pads that are made of a non-mesh type material.
*Deaths and injuries attributed to infant crib bumper pads: by Thach, BT (Thach, Bradley T.); Rutherford, GW (Rutherford, George W., Jr.); Harris, K (Harris, Kathleen) JOURNAL OF PEDIATRICS Volume: 151 Issue: 3 Pages: 271-274 DOI: 10.1016/j.jpeds.2007.04.028